Wednesday, May 2, 2012

THE MIND CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT


I’ve REALLY tried and we all have but here’s the good news the mind can’t figure it out. What does this mean? Well for one thing, it implies that we could for once really relax and seek for greater wisdom from within. Logic can only get us so far but to seek more complete wisdom one must relax into the heart where we can connect to the Infinite Mind of Spirit. That's all ;)

Here’s how I came across this insight:
My mind was taking me on a whirlwind with trying to resolve a situation that arose the night before with a client. Clearly I wasn’t at peace with how things unfolded so the next day I entered into an ongoing dialogue of trying to figure out how I can resolve this situation.

I gave my mind a good chance. I allowed it to reason away but still my body felt anxious and tense. Yuck! I really don’t like this feeling and I bet many of you don’t either.

So finally I applied a little bit of Enlightened Teachings and just released the thoughts, the logic, the figuring it out, the making it happen.

I just breathed…..I relaxed into my body…... I really felt what was going on inside emotionally and I breathed into it all: The anxiety, the unease, the tension…….. I invoked Spirit and asked for support……. I continued to surrender into feeling my anxiousness and  discomfort…… Deep breaths really supported me in this.

And, well, What do you think transpired?  ~~~ Well, I gotta tell you those Enlightenment teachings are onto something because I shifted. First I felt better and more connected! And as I stayed with this process for a while,  INSIGHT FROM THE DEPTHS OF MY HEART spontaneously arose that provided clear guidance on what was really going on.

I felt resolve. I felt peace of mind. I entered back into harmony. Yay!!!!! 

Breathing, Invoking the Divine, Dropping the Mind’s Chatter, and Relaxing Into the What IS acted as a portal to my liberation. 

“The Mind based in duality cannot be Enlightened.” – Sri AmmaBhagavan

“Mind is not mine. Thoughts are not mine. There is thinking but no thinker.” –Sri AmmaBhagavan

“Anything fully experienced (by the senses or the body), is bliss.” – Sri Amma

No comments: