I’ve had the experience of understanding that some people are just simply not right for me. After being close with a friend for eight years, unfortunately over the past two years we have driven apart. We recently came to a point where we found it difficult to even hold a conversation. More sadly, I could feel that there was tension between us because I no longer fulfilled the role of the inferior friend. After several more attempts of spending time with each other, I understood it was time to let our friendship go.
I learned a really important lesson over this period of our friendship. It is that if you have a friend, a relationship, an environment that tests or contradicts your excellence, I strongly believe it is best to create space away from this surrounding. Choose to encircle yourself with the type of people that challenge you, make you better, and demand your finest. Only this way, will your authentic, strong, joyous self emerge. Only this way will you easily, with fewer struggles, be able to lay down the stepping stones you’ll need in order to reach and hopefully surpass your potential. .
As simply stated by Yogi Bhajan:
“Excellence, elegance and grace are the three elements of a human being. If somebody challenges these three in you, avoid that person.”
No comments:
Post a Comment